Welcome to Trojan Thursday – So what exactly is Trojan Thursday? Trojan Thursday is a weekly email/online blog to give the UNI community an update on what is happening with our UNI athletic teams and will also give information as to major events that are happening on campus. If you would like to receive Trojan Thursday each week please go to https://unitrojanthursday.wordpress.com and type in your email address. You will receive a notice each week when Trojan Thursday is posted. Please help spread the word about Trojan Thursday so everyone can hear how our athletes are doing.
- Girls Volleyball GOW & Pink Out Tonight (10/4) @ 5:00 in the Uni Gym v Woodbridge!
- Cross Country GOW & Pink Out today (10/4) @ Mason Park @ 3:00 p.m.
- Football Fundraiser @ Sharky’s Woodfired Grill (Quail Hill Location) 4:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. tomorrow (10/5). Grab some dinner before heading over to Portola HS for the Football game!
- Girls Golf Pink Out Tuesday, Oct. 9th @ Strawberry Farms Golf Course
Athletes must have “Cleared” status for the 2018-19 school year on www.athleticclearance.com in order to participate in try-outs. Attend all dates listed unless otherwise stated.
- Girls Soccer Try-outs: Oct. 10 (3:00 – 4:30) & Oct. 11 (3:15 – 4:45) on the far grass field behind the Varsity Baseball Field. Sign up for the GIRLS try-outs Here: https://goo.gl/XeCdBR*Use your IUSD Google Account to Login* The last day to sign up for the GIRLS try-outs is Monday, Oct. 8.
- Baseball Try-outs: Oct. 11 (3:30 – 5:00) & Oct. 12 (3:15 – 5:00)
- Girls Lacrosse Try-outs: Oct. 23 – 25, 3pm – 5pm. Meet at the grass field behind the Varsity Baseball Field.
- Mandatory Wrestling Meeting – Oct. 24, 12:15 – 12:45 (Lunch) in MPR B.
Fall Sports Update
Check out this link to the Sports Section of the Sword & Shield for sports articles written by Uni Students: https://uhsswordandshield.com/category/sword-and-shield-2/sports/
The boys and girls varsity Cross Country competed this past weekend in Palo Alto at the Stanford Cross Country Invitational. For the girls our stand out performances came from Ceci Langlois who finished in the top fifty overall followed by Avery Klauke who finished 11th overall and Collette Lowengrub who finished 6th overall. The boys also had some great performances that came from Ryan Duffy, Raja Batra and Michael Blinstrub. This week we will have our first league meet here at Mason Park. It will be the Game of the Week (GOW) and it has been designated as a Pink Out. Go Trojan Running!
The Trojans are looking to bounce back this week and get a league win against Portola. Come out and support our team on Friday night at 7pm at Portola HS.
Support the Uni Football team by going to Sharky’s Woodfired Grill (Quail Hill Location) tomorrow, Oct. 5 between 4:30 – 7:30 and mention Uni Football. They will donate 30% of the proceeds to the Uni Football team! So go grab some dinner and then head over to Portola for the Football game!
The girl’s golf team finished as co-champions at the Long Beach Wilson tournament Monday. We tied with Mater Dei. This is the 4th consecutive 1st place finish at this annual tournament. Alexis Kim led the scoring with a 3-under par 71. She finished second overall in the tournament. Dana Choi finished at 1 over par, 75.
Tuesday, we won our match versus Portola. With that win we are now 8-0 in league. We play Woodbridge and Beckman next week to complete the league season and hopefully win the league title.
The top ranked girls tennis team moved to 4 and 0 in league and 9 and 0 overall with a 17 to 1 win over Woodbridge. The Trojans were able to play 20 girls including Sophomore Amber Rogers and freshmen McKenna Lipscomb both winning their sets at singles. Mya Wang and Emily Markus remained undefeated in league play with two wins at first doubles. The girls will be in action today against Beckman at the Uni courts.
Girl’s Volleyball PINK OUT game tonight at 5:15 in the Uni Gym! Come support the team as they take on Woodbridge!
Boys Water Polo
Boys Water Polo plays Beckman at home today. Frosh/Soph plays at 3:15, Varsity following at 4:00 and JV at 5:00. Come out and support!
Here is a look at this week’s UNI Athletics events
(Home events in Blue)
Continue to do what you can to help support UNI Athletics and:
- Attend the games
- Wear UNI clothing or colors to the games
- Attend the GOWs
- Support the Trojan Army so we can put on events and give always at big games
- Spread the word about Trojan Thursday – If someone is interested in receiving Trojan Thursday send them the link – https://unitrojanthursday.wordpress.com